CHARLESTON, S.C. (WCSC/Gray Information) – Officials at an animal shelter in South Carolina say a cat that was introduced in for lifesaving surgical procedure has died.
Officers with the Charleston Animal Modern society said an abandoned cat named Juliet was brought to the shelter together with two other folks immediately after the animals’ loved ones moved out of point out.
The relatives reportedly left the cats exterior and unattended.
The shelter stated Juliet began not having following becoming at the shelter for several months and became lethargic. That’s when radiographs showed an unusual blockage in the cat’s belly.
“I had in no way noticed everything like it,” Charleston Animal Modern society Associate Director of Veterinary Treatment Dr. Leigh Jamison stated.
Jamison’s group stated they quickly uncovered a “seemingly infinite bundle of strings” inside of the cat’s tummy. They discovered the bundle was 38 hair ties that ended up stopping Juliet from consuming and processing foodstuff.
The veterinarian staff explained they surgically eliminated the hair ties from the cat’s belly. They stated the products did not cause problems to Juliet’s intestines but they have been seeing a major liver problem that formulated since of unwanted fat buildup.
Jamison claimed Juliet’s problem was reasonable just after the medical procedures, but the animal finished up dying as of Friday.
Jamison’s staff also needs Juliet’s story to be made use of as a lesson for cat house owners.
“While cats love to participate in with bouncy, stringy objects like hair ties and rubber bands, they should really hardly ever do so unsupervised, for the reason that swallowing them may well call for health care interest,” the veterinarian group shared.
Copyright 2022 WCSC via Grey Media Group, Inc. All legal rights reserved.