Happy Saturday dvm360® readers! We hope you are all enjoying the time off, if you have some, by spending time with family, friends, and pets.
For those beginning the final day of our Directions in Veterinary Medicine symposium in Nashville, Tennessee, we hope that you had an incredible time with our faculty! If you missed the symposium, don’t worry we have Fetch Coastal, formerly known as the Atlantic Coast Veterinary Conference, just around the corner. Head down the to Jersey Shore with us on October 9-11 to spend 3 days having fun and learning from our incredible faculty. Register here today to secure your spot at Fetch Coastal!
Here is what was popular this week on dvm360.com:
- Zoo Atlana announced this week that 3 binturongs were born to first time parents Bramble and Baloo.
- During an interview with dvm360, Vicky Ograin, MBA, RVT, VTS (Nutrition), reviewed her lecture at the Directions in Veterinary Medicine symposium on nutritional plans for cancer patients.
- On this week’s episode of The Vet Blast Podcast, Peter Weinstein, DVM, MBA, ad Brooke Moore, VMD, joined host Adam Chirstman, DVM, MBA, to discuss all things parasites, the importance of prevention, and studies that are looking more into the threat these parasites have on patients and clients.
- At our previous Fetch conference in Kansas City, Missouri, Shawn Wilkie, CEO and founder of Talkatoo, shared 10 companies he believes are ones to watch as they become more and more popular within the veterinary industry.
- The FDA disclosed this week that draft guidance aimed at helping ensure that animal owners understand the risks and benefits if their pet participate in clinical studies is available.
- The American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine launched a new fellowship program to help advance veterinary internal medicine expertise as well as promote professional development for diplomates.
- And more!